"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Excellent communications and presentation skills -(>5Y)
Bilingual (English/French) -(>5Y)
Experience selling software solutions -(>5Y)
Understanding of Microsoft Solution Stack -(>5Y)
Public Sector Sales Experience -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client, a global software organization, is hiring a Territory Account Manager.
This is an intermediate to senior level role and the ideal candidate should have 5-8 years of software solutions sales and account management experience. French and English speaking candidates are a must.
• Experience working within a medium to large matrix organization is required – there are multiple departments involved in the selling/account management process (licensing specialists, partners, inside reps, etc.), and the candidate must be able to navigate these, and use the resources that are there.
• Having had previous experience with Microsoft solutions (not similar) is required.
• The candidate must be comfortable going after large accounts, and going above and beyond (identifying opportunities and doing some real solution selling).
• There is a quarterly sales bonus, as this role is revenue generating.
• The candidate can be located in Montreal or Quebec City – there will be a significant amount of local travel involved.
• Sales role will require travel to local customer base and customer base within territory.
High level responsibilities:
The ultimate goal of this role is to enable Public Sector customers to provide their services to their constituents (both internal and external) by effectively using Microsoft solutions. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to drive incremental revenue through selling the end to end Microsoft solution stack as well as specific workloads. To deliver the business in a large geography, the Opportunity manager will also need to plan and coordination with their Inside territory manager, as well as partner account managers and partners.
Strategic Opportunity Sales Plan
• Proactively drive the planning and orchestration of the territory team to meet scorecard and revenue goals. A territory plan with prioritized strategies and approaches to focus efforts to achieve operational and sales goals will be required.
• The plan must include tactics for opportunity creation sufficient to meet pipeline coverage and revenue targets.
• The plan must include a strategy and tactics to meet customer satisfaction goals.
• Territory Management
• Set up and manage a regular rhythm with key members of the Territory Team Unit to ensure successful attainment of strategic goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for territory.
• Lead weekly forecast review with management. Participate in a weekly opportunity review with their inside territory manager to plan and agree an approach to the territory.
• Virtual customer meetings will be a key tool for this role with face-to-face customer meetings focused on opportunity acceleration as well as growing and closing new opportunities.
• Develop and manage a healthy (150%+ coverage in week 1 of quarter) and accurate (90%) pipeline that is sufficient to meet or exceed quota expectations.
• Incorporate plans to drive strategic and competitive wins.
• Foster productive working relationships internally and externally with partners and customers.
• Engage in co-selling with partners (via partner account managers) to teach them how they can effectively close sales, coaching the partner and providing strategic feedback.
• Help orchestrate movement of opportunities through the sales process.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with cross group members e.g. Partners, Partner account managers (PAMs), and Inside Solution Specialists to influence revenue, satisfaction and adoption.
• Create a set number of new revenue opportunities with a set created revenue target.
• Using full MSSP execution and CRM compliance to ensure all opportunities are managed systematically and fully tracked in CRM.
• Execute a Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) agreement on each engaged sales opportunity.
• Help orchestrate partner and Microsoft resources to drive opportunities to closure.
• Prioritize opportunities in pipeline for sales execution.
• Leverage technical and licensing knowledge to maximize the utilization of Microsoft products within the account base. Up-sell and Cross-sell into existing opportunities is essential for success.
Own the sales effort during the Develop (20%) through Close (100%) stages of Microsoft Solution Sales process (MSSP) for the following:
• Large opportunities that are valued over $75,000
• Opportunities with strategic or referenceable customers
• Opportunities for strategic products including specific competitive targets
Culture of team:
The Public Sector inside Sales team is a long tenured team. This role will need to be able to drive credibility with that team quickly. This role requires close teaming with internal territory manager and inside sales specialists to manage the territory as well as local market integration with Partner account managers and their partners. We are driving an increased culture of individual accountability to ensure a performance driven sales culture. A successful candidate will need to embrace and thrive in a sales culture based on results as well behaviour behind a highly disciplined sales process.
Must have skills:
• Current understanding of Microsoft products, programs and Public sector licensing.
• Sales acumen – proven experience in building a pipe with sufficient coverage and also managing opportunities through to close.
• Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Ability to get access to and sell to senior IT decisions makers as well as C-level executives.
• Proven Business Acumen to sell to decision makers/influencers (outside of IT) in Accounts.
• Ability to orchestrate efforts of team members to achieve overall objectives.
• Self-motivated, independent thinker with great enthusiasm for the role and solid.
• Bilingualism is required for the role based in Montreal.
Nice to have skills:
• Existing relationships with Public Sector accounts and partners in their territory
Educational and Industry Background:
• 5+ years of related experience in an External sales role.
• Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering/Computer Sciences/ Business preferred.
For immediate consideration, don’t delay, apply online today!