"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Degree or diploma (IT related) -(>5Y)
Cognos Reporting -(3-5Y)
Crystal Reports -(3-5Y)
Cognos Report Studio; Version 9 and 10 -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our Edmonton based client has an immediate need for a Data Specialist (Cognos / Grantium) on a 12 month contractual engagement.
The Data Specialist will be responsible for performing and possibly leading a range of functions in the areas of technical design/review, development, deployment, and integration of the solutions utilizing Cognos and Crystal Reports.
As the ideal consultant you will be responsible for the following:
·Support the client’s ability to collect, manage, and visualize vast amounts of data to influence decision-making at all levels
·Develop Internet application components that enable users to interact with complex data sets, process and ingest data, and use business intelligence tools to generate interactive reports
·Perform data analysis and develop reporting specs, develop reports, and develop dashboards
·Interact with users and work with a team to develop web-based tools that present analytics and data from a data repository
·Identify areas of deficiencies, reviewing IT requirements/design/development of Cognos solutions, solution architecture development, proof of concept/prototype design, infrastructure requirements development, database design, architecture and administration, application development, testing and analyzing user interfaces, cubes and various reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Cognos Reporting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Crystal Reporting Developer 9 or higher
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in performing data analysis and developing reporting specs
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Report Development - Cognos Report Studio; Version 9 and 10
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in analyzing end user requirements and, based on findings; designing report mock-ups specifications and production reports; assisting in troubleshooting post-production performance issues in a Cognos reporting environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience design, develop, document and implement application Reports using Crystal Reports
- Analyze and integrate complex SQL to support data analysis
- Must have worked in a team environment and must work well in a team environment (excellent interpersonal skills)
- Must possess strong mentorship skills working with all levels of developers
If you feel you have the required skill-set then contact your local Randstad Technologies (formerly Sapphire) representative today!