"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client, a large defense manufacturer in LONDON, ONTARIO is looking for a Military Products Packaging Desiger to join their team. The ideal candidate will have packaging design experience with large heavy equipment.
Key Job Elements
• Locate, weigh, measure and analyze military vehicle spare parts.
• Complete Item Description Reports (IDRs).
• Prepare very detailed Military Specification coded documentation for various North American and Global customers.
• Create drawings of items within newly designed or existing packaging containers.
• Provide packaging data input into multiple databases.
• Input packaging process routing information into Oracle.
• Track the status of completion of any packaging data development.
• Job requires ability to work shifts and / or altered work weeks as required.
• Assume responsibility for special assignments and tasks.
• Maintain safe work practices and use / wear proper safety equipment.
• University degree, Community College diploma or certified military experience.
• Capable of meeting physical demands of the job.
• Ability to be CGP (Canadian Controlled Goods) registered.
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
• Proven ability to perform well in a team based environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation.
• Ability to design, draw and prototype new packaging designs.
• Be experienced with both Imperial and Metric units of measure.
• A hands-on product/packaging design capable individual who can produce high-quality output in a priority changing environment.
• Person needs to be experienced/trained with the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act (TDGA).
• Drawing and prototype building talents are required.
• Thorough knowledge of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and Canadian/American military standards and specifications is a definite asset.
• Experienced with hand and powered carpentry and packaging tools.