"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client located in Southwestern Ontario is currently searching for a Senior Process/Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
This Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes.
• Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
• Working closely with division management to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
• Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
• Creating and maintaining accurate documentation of tool drawings, and design concepts in accordance with the engineering and quality assurance functions.
• Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
• Coordinating work with assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of assigned projects.
• Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
• Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
• Procurement of equipment and tooling essential to effective operation of the department
o Develop RFQ, vendor selection, requisition development, invoice reconciliation
• Ensure effective engineering communications.
• Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or equivalent
• Equivalent combination of education, training and 1-3 years experience.
Skills and Special Requirements:
• Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.-Turning, Milling, Painting, Robotics
• Working knowledge of OHSA, other applicable legislation, TS 16949, ISO 14001
• Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft, and AutoCAD software
• Knowledge of problem resolution methodologies
• Knowledge of CNC programming