"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client located in Southwestern Ontario is a leading manufacturer in the automotive industry and is in need of an experienced Quality Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have an automotive background as well as management experience.
Act as TS 16949 Management Representative
Represent the Customer's needs and ensure Products & Processes at all stages of manufacture are conforming to customer standards & requirements
Promote Quality and Systems throughout the plant.
- Ensure compliance to established procedures and policies.
- Liaise with all customers
- Ensure the quality systems are in place for incoming/outgoing material.
- Initiate action to prevent non-conformances relating to product, process and quality system; verify implementation of solutions
- Control processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until corrected
- Support new launches through PPAP, Control Plan, support on PFMEA development and maintain documentation.
- Represent customers in internal functions; addressing TS 16949 requirements and ensure quality system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance to the standard
- Report on the performance of the quality system to the executive management.
- Conduct ongoing audits for compliance to procedures, instructions, methods, reports, etc.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense.
- Provide reports and documentation of key measureables as required, and maintain a system for communicating ongoing performance.
- Provide written performance appraisals and personal development plans for all staff.
- University degree in Engineering, Math or Sciences, or related experience
- 5 years management experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality standards - ISO-9001/TS 16949 audit experience