"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Insturmentation and Controls Engineering -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Instrument and Controls Engineer
Our client is currently seeking a Plant Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to be based in Northern British Columbia
• To ensure the good and stable functioning of the instrument and control systems associated with the Gas Plant, so that the plant is able to operate in a continuous safe, efficient and reliable manner.
• To provide ongoing improvement of the control systems in support of production optimization, safety, and reliability.
• Provide a design capability for plant improvement projects, including the development of control strategies, configuration of control systems, specification of instrumentation, and the provision of work packages for contractors to bid and install.
• Provide a troubleshooting capability to enable the rapid resolution of problems that may affect the safety, reliability or productivity of the plant.
• To respond to any major occurrence of plant breakdown where control and instrumentation expertise is required, carry out prompt inspection, analyze faults, repair and re-commission affected plant and equipment so as to assure the minimum loss of production.
• When supervising systems contractors and/or Air Products staff, ensure that the work is adequately planned and executed safely at a high level of effectiveness.
• Management of technical support Services providers. E.g. SCADA/ DCS / Safety / Gas Turbines/Compressors etc.
• The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will work with the engineering, commissioning, and operations teams in support of bringing the plant into operation.
• DCS system staging.
• Supporting the integration of the many PLCs into the overall control system.
• Be an active member of the HAZOP teams.
• Control loop checking, function testing and plant tuning.
• Safety Systems Validation.
• Data Management systems.
• Data feed to all financial monitoring software systems (Including communications).
Skills and Experience
• An engineering qualification at Degree level.
• Extensive relevant experience in Process Engineering Industries (for example Chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation).
• Although experience is valued the position requires a Peng to assist in mentoring E.I.T’s.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable based on experience.
Bachelors Degree Hons or equivalent.
Recognized Professional Engineering certification