"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
15+ years of oil and gas exp. -(>5Y)
Minimum 5 years in lead role -(>5Y)
EPC exp. Some with small-medium sizedEPC -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
- Structural engineering sign off and P.Eng. stamping authority for calculations and drawings of company designed and manufactured structures such as building frames, cranes, steel skid bases, platforms, ladders, pipe rack and cable rack structures.
- Coordinate with Project engineers, Project managers, team leaders and shop management the execution of structural equipment design work in accordance with project schedules.
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Leads of Design Drafting and project engineers the procurement of structural steel material.
- Responsible for the proper engineering design of structural systems, steel and / or concrete.
- Further development corporate standards / procedures related to the engineering and manufacturing of structural steel systems and manufacturing techniques.
- Supervision and training of structural steel designers and draftsmen.
- B.Sc. in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- P.Eng. Designation is preferred.
- 15+ years in oil and gas
- 5+ years in lead role
The candidate must have:
- Good people skills
- Good client-facing skills
- Experience leading project teams
- Project Management experience
- Good technical background
- Good leadership skills
- The desire to mentor