"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Civil/ Structural Design -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
- Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation and construction economy.
- Coordinates and interfaces as required with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, designers and drafters.
- Coordinates assigned checking work with other disciplines on the same project.
- Mentors designers and drafters by providing appropriate markups on the documents being checked.
- Use of a color code system when marking up drawings.
- Use of drawing checklist to ensure key items have been incorporated in the documents.
- Lead / sub-lead or part of design team as required.
- Maintains up-to-date skills in client Standard Computer Applications relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited technical college or university.
- Specialized courses in relevant general design or an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Broad progressive work within the civil/structural discipline.
- Requires a broad knowledge of design and drafting techniques, development of engineering drawings, drawing checking, and ability to use 2-D/3-D CAD.