"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Contracts Management -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager for a role in Calgary, AB.
Applicants should have a proven track record of project success working within contracts management in an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) or Engineering environment. The selected candidate(s) will have effective interpersonal skills in order to supervise a team of contracts administrators and interface with engineering, project, and construction disciplines.
• Developing overall contracting strategies and plans that are aligned with project goals.
• Managing the process of tendering and awarding high quality and cost effective contracts.
• Administration of contracts to ensure contractors comply with terms, maintain schedule, and minimize growth.
• Evaluating and negotiating any contractual issues or claims.
• Making recommendations to senior management and/or client regarding contractual issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 10 years related experience.
• Oil & Gas and/or Mining experience preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of contract law.
• Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction techniques with strong working knowledge of technical aspects.
• Degree in business, engineering, law or equivalent experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.