"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Business Process Modeling -(3-5Y)
Telco experience -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Working under the guidance of the Director, Product Development, and the Solution Architect provides a supporting role for the Development Team. Main responsibilities shall include developing and issuing technical specifications. The Solution Architect acts as a consultant to Clients and in this capacity shares his in-depth knowledge of the Telecommunications industry and the current best practices of both the company and the industry as a whole.
• Meeting with Subject Matter Experts gathering business requirements
• Preparing Business Requirements Documents
• Conducting Joint Application Development sessions
• Understand Product Development’s technical needs in capacity of a Solutions Architect.
• Provide application demos and answer technical questions
• Acts as a business analyst, developer and tester using a non-procedural development environment for fast implementation of large order entry/order management systems.
• Configures the solution for demonstrations and proof-of-concepts.
• Manage, develop and maintain presentation packages
• Participates in design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and the various IT stakeholders
This technical configuration portion of this position is comprised of the following split of activities:
• 5% Java programming
• 25% Java scripting with the company’s specific object model
• 70% non-procedural application definition using the company’s Metadata Designer Tool.
• University degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the telecommunications and cable companies Operating/Business Support Systems. Previous experience working within Telecommunications companies an asset.
• Knowledge of competitive products with the ability to position their strengths and weaknesses in discussions with the client.
• Detailed knowledge of the TMF concepts including NGOSS, SID, TAM, eTOM and OSS/J
• Requires well-developed communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to maintain positive and cooperative working relationships within a global product development team.
• An appreciation for technical alternatives and high knowledge of emerging technologies.
• Conceptual/big picture thinker.
• Must have good coaching and leadership skills.
• Flexible, willing to backtrack and seek multiple innovative alternate solutions.
• English is a prerequisite.
• Working knowledge of WSDL, XSD and XML
• Working knowledge of workflow concepts such as BPM, BPMN, BPML and BPEL.
• Working knowledge of large distributed systems in the telecommunications industry an asset.
• High-level knowledge of integration technologies/frameworks including AXIS, SOAP, JMS, HTTP, Socket, FTP, SMTP/POP and integration platforms (EAI, ESB, BPI) such as JMS, MQ, WLI and Tibco
• An accomplished proven track record.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
• Leadership – Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work.
• Organizing - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Self-Development – Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities and seeks assistance from others prior to job difficulty.
• Total Quality Management - Dedicated to providing the highest quality outcomes. Is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
• Self-confidence – A belief in one’s capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem. This includes confidence in one’s ability as expressed in increasingly challenging circumstances and confidence in one’s decision or opinions.
Apply online today!