"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Bridge Engineering -(>5Y)
Transportation Structures -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Summary of Position:
My client is searching for an Arterial Road Design Engineer to join their growing team of professionals in their Transportation Department. This will provide you with the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging municipal engineering projects for the Regional Municipalities of Ontario.
- Directing and coordinating the activities of engineering and design groups;
- Assuring compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures;
- Assuring the delivery of quality products to clients;
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, stakeholders and subconsultants.
- Assigning and reviewing work of subordinate staff.
- Reviewing and approving project technical documentation, including drawings and specifications.
- Establishing and maintaining client contacts on technical and project administration matters;
- Preparing proposals and participating in business developments;
- Analyzing problems and determining critical factors for investigation;
- Organizing and conducting investigations and analyses;
- Providing expert advice on design processes and/or construction methods;
- Participating in the development of new engineering methods and technologies;
- Providing technical guidance to subordinating staff and co-workers;
- Providing technical training to junior engineers and engineers-in-training;
- Proposing staffing solutions, training and development opportunities;
- Organizing and supervising work of a team of professionals and non-professionals;
- Assisting Manager of the Structural Group in staff management which may include annual performance evaluation of subordinate staff, budget review and forecast, and staff utilization;
- Being accountable for unit deliverables;
• Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in the area of bridge and/or structural design in a consultant environment.
• Strong organizational skill and proficiency in both oral and written communication in English.
• Self-starters, able to work with minimal direction and ability to work in an interactive team atmosphere.
• Familiar with the Canadian Bridge Design Code and Ministry of Transportation Ontario Manuals,design standards and guidelines.
• Experienced in project management, report and proposal writing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
• Strong working knowledge in AutoCAD, MicroStation, CPS, HiCo and other design software.
If you have the qualifications listed, please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com