"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Chemical or Mechanical Degree -(1-2Y)
Chemical Processing -(1-2Y)
Chemical Technician Diploma -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
chemical lab testing experience -(1-2Y)
Our client, a chemical manufacturer in Brantford, is looking to add a Chemical Process Technician to their production team.
The position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor quality of internal and supplier products to ensure compliance to Quality System and implement corrective action where necessary
• Effectively utilize labour hours to maximize productivity and to eliminate bottlenecks
• Ensure plant operations and production line uptime
• Identify areas for improvement (i.e., material or marker utilization and scrap or waste reduction) and make recommendations to the Plant Operations Coordinator
• Maintain accurate inventory levels per the production schedule
• Perform Lockout / tagout procedures as required.
• Abide by, and ensure that Health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience in plastics and/or chemicals processing/production (industrial or commercial products, materials)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, along with a strong command of the MS Office suite
• Proficiency in the control of a PLC
• Ability to recommend and implement methods to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in verbal and written form
• Experience in extrusion and reactors considered an asset
If you feel that your experience meets the basic requirements for this position, you are encouraged to apply directly. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for interview will be contacted.