"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client located in Southwestern Ontario is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join their growing team.
The Process Engineer is responsible to ensure that all day to day activities are coordinated and communicated between Production areas, Maintenance and Engineering Departments to ensure that the plants are operating at their optimum efficiency and that improvements or modifications are implemented where warranted and in accordance with good engineering practices. The role will provide technical support and service to operations as directed. This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Obtain a good knowledge and understanding of the operating principles and procedures for various process equipment and the effects of process parameters on production.
• Identify sources of plant issues and coordinate and implement changes to operating processes.
• Obtain a working knowledge of the maintenance activities in order to determine what can be done on line and what must be deferred to a shutdown period.
• Review work orders with Maintenance planning / supervision and ensure that all permits and work plans are in place.
• Provide detailed engineering support to monitor and progress the Management of Change process.
• Provide capital process engineering detailed design and supervise engineering consultants during the course of the engineering, including the commissioning phase.
• Lead the revalidation of the Process Hazard Analyses.
• Actively participate in the turnaround planning process.
• Provide support to Production Area Managers.
• Expected to rotate through the Production areas and Engineering department as a normal part of development. Relocation to or assistance at other facilities may also occur.
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years related experience and with an expectation of obtaining P. Eng license.
• Previous chemical engineering exposure in a continuous chemical production environment.
• Exposure to project management and implementation.
• Solid communication skills including the ability to effectively converse in English, compose written documents and interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
• Familiar with national and local government codes, regulations and standards.
• Have a solid experience using computer based systems and engineering tools, such as HYSIS & PHAPRO as well as other PC software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
• Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as a team player.
• Must obtain P. Eng., license.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work safely and in compliance with site safety, health and environmental standards and practices.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as a team player.
• Must have well developed troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
• A valid driver’s license is generally required for this position although the lack thereof will not necessarily disqualify a candidate.