"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Senior engineer; independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Perform load/balance calculations, to review specification and packages, and to respond to client requests.
- Strong knowledge of applicable industrial, fire, and building codes required.
- Become well knowledgeable in all areas of responsibilities of the Mechanical Department.
- Development and selection of the mechanical design of equipment.
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation, of the cost estimates and schedules for mechanical accounts for equipment for bids and proposal work.
- Preparation of the technical sections of inquiries and purchase orders, review bids and make recommendations leading to the selection of vendors.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining departmental design guidelines and procedures manual.
- When required on a project, coordinate check-out and startup of field activities and coordinate work with construction superintendent.
- Participate in HAZOP required.
- Assume "Lead's" responsibility when assigned and under the supervision of Chief Mechanical Engineer.
- 10-15 year’s solid experience in mechanical engineering.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Must have P.Eng. and been stamping for at least 2 years.
- CAD skills/knowledge a plus.
- At least 5 years Canadian experience.
- Have to be open to travel to site.
- Must have excellent communication skills.