"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Experience in Oil and Gas industry -(>5Y)
degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering Techno -(2-3Y)
Electrical Heat Tracing -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines; provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Perform detailed drafting of plant layouts drawings (power, grounding, lighting and electric heat tracing) and associated single lines & schematics/wiring diagrams.
• Perform cable sizing calculations & lighting level calculations under supervision. Assist in developing lighting & tray layouts.
• Assist in developing electrical 3D model on the PDS and /or Auto-plant platform.
• Perform drafting of field mark-ups for as-built drawings when required.
• Assist other senior personnel at the construction/plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase.
• Assist senior designers in providing construction support for electrical systems at job site when required. Perform as-built activities at the existing operating plant for revamp projects.
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from a recognized technical institute
• 2 to 4 years experience in instrument/electrical drafting using Autocad, experience using Microstation and any modeling software considered an asset.
• Proficiency in CADD drafting is required. Basic understanding of CEC/NEC codes and some knowledge of 3D electrical modeling would be an asset.
• Membership with ASET or eligible to get membership in ASET