|description:||Privately owned construction company offering a full complement of services in all aspects of project planning, execution and delivery. With main offices in Montreal and downtown Toronto the business is in a period of growth. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the business is looking for a Bookkeeper to join the downtown office and profile general accenting and finance support and grow with the business. |
• Manage all day to day accounting functions across AR/AP, Month End and ad hoc projects
• AR duties include; posting customer payments, recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions; post revenues, verify and enter transactions and update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records for invoices, debits, and credits and investigate any discrepancies
• Summarizes receivables maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• AP duties include; Maintain accounting ledgers, verifying and posting account transactions; verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transaction; maintain records
• Manage office petty cash, recording entry; verifying documentation
• Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Responsible for all reconciliations
• Consolidate and report all monthly financial data back to the VP of Finance in Montreal office
• Assist in year end activities as far as documentation and data reports
• Assist in the administration of WSIB, HST and GST tax remittances
This is an immediate permanent need, 1st stage telephone interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible.