"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Role: Warehouse Supervisor
Working Hours: 2 weeks rotating shift (5:30 am to 5 pm & 4:30 pm– 4 am) Must be available to work one day during the weekend
• Post-Secondary education (Must have a university degree or a college diploma).
• Minimum three to five years working experience - preferably in high-volume/velocity, food service distribution or logistics.
• High initiative, self-motivation and strong leadership qualities.
• Intermediate computer software skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) knowledge.
• Scheduling and direct supervision of the warehouse employees during their shift.
• Assigning daily work duties to warehouse employees i.e. picks, and ensuring productivity is maintained.
• Providing support and direction to employees and ensuring completion of DPS’s as written.
• Overseeing quality control for in-house and en-route product.
• Communication with Transportation and Administration departments regarding possible problems, special promotions, and issues regarding getting product to our customer etc.
• Ensure inbound shipments are complete and received correctly.
• Ensure proper rotation of product is maintained.
• Conduct scheduled cycle counts, tracking and investigate discrepancies.
• Conducting daily sanitation inspections to determine action plan to meet requirements.
• Perform daily inspections of the facility noting any issues that need addressing either immediately, by the end of the shift or within the week.
• Maintaining building to health and safety standards, (OHSA).
• Create load diagrams and coordinate paper flow for “cart team” operation.
• Maintain facility in compliance with industry, company and sanitation standards (HACCP, DQMP, etc)